Food For Greed
A food bubble ready to burst?
Cuz speculators on Wall Street
Drive high food prices to their worst,
To bank big buck bets as we eat.
Some say deregulation made
A mess of food demand/supply.
The have nots hungry, while haves trade
To make money on sell or buy.
Most haves worry most of their worth
In terms of money and eat well,
While hunger ravages the Earth.
Fat cat heaven makes hunger hell.
Money feeds the global food biz.
What of we eat wherein greed tiz.
Ima Ryma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Food For Greed by Ima Ryma )
- Festival Of Light, Amitava Sur
- YouTube and Phalloplasty, Jeff Gangwer
- Journey, Dave Cadaqu
- Brad Pitt / Brad Dourif, Jeff Gangwer
- History / Your Dust, Jeff Gangwer
- "...through your rape whistle", Jeff Gangwer
- "Angels are...", Jeff Gangwer
- Your Ghost Doesn't Haunt This Room, Jeff Gangwer
- She Wore Poison on Her Neck, Jeff Gangwer
- Yes or No?, Jeff Gangwer
Poem of the Day
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Primitive, Sharon Olds
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Robert William Service
(16 January 1874 - 11 September 1958)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)