Food For Greed
A food bubble ready to burst?
Cuz speculators on Wall Street
Drive high food prices to their worst,
To bank big buck bets as we eat.
Some say deregulation made
A mess of food demand/supply.
The have nots hungry, while haves trade
To make money on sell or buy.
Most haves worry most of their worth
In terms of money and eat well,
While hunger ravages the Earth.
Fat cat heaven makes hunger hell.
Money feeds the global food biz.
What of we eat wherein greed tiz.
Ima Ryma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Food For Greed by Ima Ryma )
- If Not Homespun, Scott J. Shepard
- Gifts, Scott J. Shepard
- Courage, Scott J. Shepard
- For Those Who Starve, Scott J. Shepard
- Gorgeous Girls, Scott J. Shepard
- Your Wet Eyelashes, Eyelids, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Minor Keys, Scott J. Shepard
- My Forgotten Love, Gianni Pansensoy
- Social Reconstruction, Scott J. Shepard
- Rain, Chad Seagraves
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)