Food For Greed
A food bubble ready to burst?
Cuz speculators on Wall Street
Drive high food prices to their worst,
To bank big buck bets as we eat.
Some say deregulation made
A mess of food demand/supply.
The have nots hungry, while haves trade
To make money on sell or buy.
Most haves worry most of their worth
In terms of money and eat well,
While hunger ravages the Earth.
Fat cat heaven makes hunger hell.
Money feeds the global food biz.
What of we eat wherein greed tiz.
Ima Ryma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Food For Greed by Ima Ryma )
- See the fishes, hasmukh amathalal
- Two Become One, Loide V Augustinus
- Your Sweetness, Loide V Augustinus
- Why do you mock at my love, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Drifting Away, Loide V Augustinus
- The Eminent Reign, kyvin nash
- If you failed to, gajanan mishra
- The Dream Catcher, Dexsta Ray
- Father Bird, Enebeli Prada
- Obsessions and Complusions, Nick Kler