Fight My Battle
There where difficulty erupts like a volcano,
l will seek solace in God my Creator.
There where the sorrow and horror of life meets in a border,
l will seek refuge in God my warrior.
There where loneliness becomes my food and cragginess my mood,
l will seek companion with God my anchor.
There where the struggles and grudges of life giggles me to my face,
l will embrace the grace to praise my God.
There where the pains of life cause me to rain down tears,
l will groan to praise my Maker.
There where tears becomes my drink and fears my sting,
l will trust and hope in God.
At the foot of worries,
He will console and walk in me.
At the soot of sorrows,
He will uphold and walk with me.
At the mud of mourning,
He will comfort and walk through me.
At the venyard of life,
He will water and work for me.
At the vage of rage,
He will throne and walk around me.
There where all hope is lost and my enemies compass me in battle,
He will defend and fight for my freedom in battle.
Valentine Mbagu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Fight My Battle by Valentine Mbagu )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- My last regret, Eliza Clair
- My Hometown Today, Dr Ronnie Bai
- Half ajar, Mark Heathcote
- Driftwood (II), Dr Ronnie Bai
- Indian Egnlish, Where Is It? Who The Spe.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Blankets Of Silence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Aisle of our hope's, Elvis Airohi
- A Little While, Luo Zhihai
- Tomb-sweeping Day, Miss Our Grandpa and .., Luo Zhihai
- Not Tied To Limits Of Reality, RoseAnn V. Shawiak