Fight My Battle
There where difficulty erupts like a volcano,
l will seek solace in God my Creator.
There where the sorrow and horror of life meets in a border,
l will seek refuge in God my warrior.
There where loneliness becomes my food and cragginess my mood,
l will seek companion with God my anchor.
There where the struggles and grudges of life giggles me to my face,
l will embrace the grace to praise my God.
There where the pains of life cause me to rain down tears,
l will groan to praise my Maker.
There where tears becomes my drink and fears my sting,
l will trust and hope in God.
At the foot of worries,
He will console and walk in me.
At the soot of sorrows,
He will uphold and walk with me.
At the mud of mourning,
He will comfort and walk through me.
At the venyard of life,
He will water and work for me.
At the vage of rage,
He will throne and walk around me.
There where all hope is lost and my enemies compass me in battle,
He will defend and fight for my freedom in battle.
Valentine Mbagu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Fight My Battle by Valentine Mbagu )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Odia Poem- BAPA, Jitendra seth
- Every Writer's Tale, Hebert Logerie
- At this time, hasmukh amathalal
- RAINBOW, RAJNI CHHABRA
- Deep and sank, hasmukh amathalal
- Odia Poem- SAMAYA, Jitendra seth
- आंनि लोगोफ्रा आंनि खोथाखौ बुजिया, Ronjoy Brahma
- Peace in the air, Vidura Prabhath
- Odia Poem- To Apekshyare mu, Jitendra seth
- आंनि बोरै गोरोन्थि जाखो, Ronjoy Brahma