RIC S. BASTASA
Feeling lousy is seeing this lady laughing
She does her thing with confidence like she
Knows everything; what to do with this
She knows her place and claims it as hers,
She tells you, you are never like her doing so well
She has her circle of friends, a nice reliable computer
And an internet facility
To get her on top
On top of shape, on top of everything,
Yes, this everything,
Which she has control of,
And feeling so lousy, I wish how I can be like her,
This great woman of everything
But then, I wonder, I have my place, where she can never be,
This lowly place, this small space she detests,
This is mine, I am small,
This small place I have
Where she can never be
And I own this,
Enough for me,
I am happy.
And, oh well, I do not like everything,
Too big to handle and
I would be unhappy by then.
I simply like myself being small.
RIC S. BASTASA's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Feeling lousy by RIC S. BASTASA )
Did you read them?
- Mr. Bonga and Mr. Donga, Aftab Alam
- Under The Muse Of The Truth, Edward Kofi Louis
- Fair And Square!, Edward Kofi Louis
- I Do Not Have Any Word, Neela Nath
- The Puzzle, Ravikumar C.P.
- 'O' Cloud of My Skies, Aftab Alam
- My Words And Her Words, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Ode To B.J Azang, Tony Adah
- So Many Hummingbirds, Donal Mahoney
- SENRYU (5-7-5) 12, Aftab Alam