February - pronounce the 'ru'
Often left off in hurried speak,
As human tongues are prone to do.
Easy to twist tie tongue in cheek.
Named for Februus, Roman god
Of purification of sin,
That yearly got stuck in the bod,
A spring cleaning would be akin.
Februus later changed his name
To Pluto of the underworld,
But February stayed the same,
Plutoary never unfurled.
February - shortest in day,
But longest mispronounced to say.
Ima Ryma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (February by Ima Ryma )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Penance Of Unguarded Selfishness., Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Plants Hurt, Naveed Akram
- Truth Lies - Kid's Stuff -howtobuilddefe.., sEaN nOrTh
- My love for my birth land, binod bastola
- Critically Evaluating…Lois Lerner's 'Tru.., James B. Earley
- My wondrous dream, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Hues of Green, Joy Cordwell
- FOR ALL BELIEVERS, Tom Zart
- Sibling Oath, Frederick J.B. Moore II
- one hundred and twenty two miles, days, .., Mandolyn ...