February - pronounce the 'ru'
Often left off in hurried speak,
As human tongues are prone to do.
Easy to twist tie tongue in cheek.
Named for Februus, Roman god
Of purification of sin,
That yearly got stuck in the bod,
A spring cleaning would be akin.
Februus later changed his name
To Pluto of the underworld,
But February stayed the same,
Plutoary never unfurled.
February - shortest in day,
But longest mispronounced to say.
Ima Ryma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (February by Ima Ryma )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Precipice, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- The Striped Goodness Of The Candy Cane C.., mary douglas
- Where my soul resides like a flightless .., Mark Heathcote
- The Poets Behold From Heaven Their Words.., mary douglas
- The New Life: Fourth Stage for Marie, Daniel Brick
- LOVING, bill costley
- A Prayer For The Unsuspecting, mary douglas
- Another Shop On The Street With Mary Pop.., mary douglas
- Is All That Matters Then, Rohit Sapra
- Librarian, Nassy Fesharaki