Her expectations are dazed,
she has nothing to look forward
to, but to remember in only a
Only to see her effort at hand,
to the moment that left her heart
wounded and in profound misery.
Deep, deep in the midst of her soul.
Now she surrenders her grief to the night,
to time that follows her always
faithful and exact, next to her in
every move she makes.
She gave to surrender and buried her
dreams in a garden of broken
appetence, her blood so warm,
now is cold, like a winters night.
There's no one to fervor it. She's lost
in the middle of her empty desires;
lost and can't find a route, to enter
and lose all of this passion she has no use for.
Elena Toledo's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Extinct by Elena Toledo )
- Contentment, Katherine Nordhaus
- The News Explained it to Me, Vera Sidhwa
- Diwali, Hans Raj Sharma
- One Nation Under God, Katherine Nordhaus
- the weather knows where i'll someday put.., Mandolyn ...
- Love Is, sallam yassin
- MY HEART SMILES TO YOU, john chizoba vincent
- When The Wind Blows, Tony Adah
- If I am just A Character, Felicia Manning
- Only if..., Ntando.B Da poet
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)