Arise each day with a sense of expectancy well-being, good health, eternal youth we fancy.
With each tick of the clock, you never know which one will leave you on the dock.
Aches and pain are present at an untimely hour to slow one down, which malady will convict one's expectancy drowning in the rain.
One's health disappears as the years take its toll despite the mascarade we march in the parade not knowing the final toll to enter the roll where there are no fears.
Eternal youth an illusion entrapped in the mind of those under fifty only to discover the ravage of time is not thrifty.
As we vent in this earthly tent expectancy is a poor substitute for the eternal soul when our expectancies will truly unfold in a covenant of promise as our goal.
Terrance Tracy's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Expectancy by Terrance Tracy )
- Empty life حياة فارغة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Elizabeth my Muse of love poetry., Erato
- I Am Not, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Empty life, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- I Met Tuckerpuppy and Twittermouse, Bruce Larkin
- Longings et. Al., Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- About Tuckerpuppy, Bruce Larkin
- Submit, Teach, Love, Trust & Forgive., Tom Zart
- Broaden Your Mind, Ronell Warren Alman
- Exaggerating an invisible enemy, MOHAMMAD SKATI
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)