Arise each day with a sense of expectancy well-being, good health, eternal youth we fancy.
With each tick of the clock, you never know which one will leave you on the dock.
Aches and pain are present at an untimely hour to slow one down, which malady will convict one's expectancy drowning in the rain.
One's health disappears as the years take its toll despite the mascarade we march in the parade not knowing the final toll to enter the roll where there are no fears.
Eternal youth an illusion entrapped in the mind of those under fifty only to discover the ravage of time is not thrifty.
As we vent in this earthly tent expectancy is a poor substitute for the eternal soul when our expectancies will truly unfold in a covenant of promise as our goal.
Terrance Tracy's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Expectancy by Terrance Tracy )
- Adolescence, Yohan Confectioner
- Stillness, Yohan Confectioner
- Time In History, George Egba
- Jadavpur University Campus, The Coffee H.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Nature To You, Yohan Confectioner
- Dreams Come, Yohan Confectioner
- ZZ Bomb Abroad. Spank At Home, Saiom Shriver
- Dreams Go, Yohan Confectioner
- All God's 792 Poems Are Free To Preach &.., Tom Zart
- Nevermore, Yohan Confectioner
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)