Arise each day with a sense of expectancy well-being, good health, eternal youth we fancy.
With each tick of the clock, you never know which one will leave you on the dock.
Aches and pain are present at an untimely hour to slow one down, which malady will convict one's expectancy drowning in the rain.
One's health disappears as the years take its toll despite the mascarade we march in the parade not knowing the final toll to enter the roll where there are no fears.
Eternal youth an illusion entrapped in the mind of those under fifty only to discover the ravage of time is not thrifty.
As we vent in this earthly tent expectancy is a poor substitute for the eternal soul when our expectancies will truly unfold in a covenant of promise as our goal.
Terrance Tracy's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Expectancy by Terrance Tracy )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- The Indian Serenade, Percy Bysshe Shelley
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- If We Ever Meet Again....., Lichu Thomas
- Because I Care, Shahid Hussain Chouhdry
- o! she's gone away, Hrishikesh Bharadwaj
- Bombs, Stratis Havarti
- Harmony, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Adnate to the Funicle, Robert Ronnow
- Lime-trees, Dr John Celes
- South Bronx, Robert Ronnow
- The Slow Dimension, Sare Sayidi
- Polar Bear Mugs Wino, Robert Ronnow