That's a sad story sighed the man
Sitting some stairs down the ghat
Made his life miserable the woman
She fully broke the zamindar's heart.
He loved her more than his life
She knew not love was what thing
Cursed the day he took her as his wife
Gave her a precious diamond ring.
He bought her each wish from her lip
She knew she would only have to tell
For her the man's love was so deep
He could sell him to bring her all jewels.
For each night she made her bargain
Trapped him her greed's deadly deal
Blind love drove the man such insane
He became a puppet of her will.
The coming storm he couldn't foresee
Enamored in love and its waste
Good money was sunk freely
With no reaping of scantest harvest.
His trade started suffering huge loss
Investments sunk in shipwreck
Along came to make the matter worse
Debts' tightened noose on his neck.
Soon she left with a man she had known
Taking with her the ornaments
She had never thought him as her man
Little did she care his torments.
Still echoes said the man his cry
From here he went to the river
In evenings as this his sigh
Can be heard rending the air.
I asked him how all these he knew
Saw no man but I was alone
Shivering in winter's cool dew
As moonlight on waves quietly shone.
Topic(s): love hurts
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Enamored by Pradip Chattopadhyay )
Did you read them?
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.40, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.39, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ v.38, Monk E. Biz
- Changes, Tex T Sarnie
- Mankind, Tex T Sarnie
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ v.37, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ v.36, Monk E. Biz
- What Obama..Years Sought...Served Up On .., James B. Earley
- The Dream Catcher, Savita Tyagi
- Believe In Your Own Life Again, Shalom Freedman
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 January 1832 – 14 January 1898)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)