In another world we seem to be.
A creation of our own, somewhere to flee.
Somehow all appears to be real.
Though it's still just a dream.
But it makes me feel better then life does.
It makes me feel greater than life really is.
It gives me hope and thats something life won't
Maybe tomorrow I'll try a little more
But today nothing seems to be for sure.
So now I'll go to sleep and dream.
And I want to give you an idea what that dreamworld is like.
That you can choose the landscape of your mind.
It's better then this life I'm trying to lead.
So every day I go to sleep and I dream…
Did you ever had a dream that wouldn't end.
For every corner that you turned there was another bend.
Walking towards the light wondering what you'll find.
Praying that when your there you wont loose your mind.
For you people it's a dream for me it's life.
And if life is like thunder and my dreams are like rain.
Then let me have my dreams to wash away my pain.
And I hear a lot, dreams are deceiving.
But dreams are the number one thing I try to believe in.
It keeps me going, trying to rise up with wisdom and strength.
Sometimes everything isn't as bad as it seems.
But it doesn't hurt to have dreams.
To make me feel alive.
Dreaming of a life better than it has been in the past.
Dreaming of a life that I could never have.
Dreaming of things that I hope to overcome.
Dreaming of things that have to be done.
Rick Adriolo's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dreams.. by Rick Adriolo )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Tiger, William Blake
- Alone With Everybody, Charles Bukowski
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
Poem of the Day
- Shrouded, Jessica Paige Davies
- I Live, Tanja Henderson
- This year, maryline vautravers
- Friends, maryline vautravers
- Cuba…..God's Betrayal……….Perhaps, James B. Earley
- Poetic-Spectator*, Tushar Ray
- True Love Never Dies, lou parks
- Untitled VII, Sierra Staten
- The unblamenesses allay wounds, Pijush Biswas
- I Move, So I Am, Tanja Henderson