Their path had divided, and never again
Would merge into one as before it was twuin.
The course of true love had run smoothly until
It suddenly parted as strong currents will.
But just for a moment-the world is not wide
They drifted together-the soul and its bride.
And under amoities' myót:cal thrall
A tender love longing did over them fall.Fix this text
And deathly they paled in a tremor of fear,
For soul sobbed to soul while the lovers were near.
But she to the right turned, and he to the left,
Still keeping the course pride and anger had cleft,
Which led o'er the breakers of passion and pain
Far out o'er the wide sea of ' never again.'
Where never a soul was yet known to forget
The pangs of heart hunger or pain of regret.
And vainly a small voice implored them to stay
For pity was not, and they parted for aye.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Divided by Louisa Lawson )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- My Big Brother, Edgar Albert Guest
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Communist Goons, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Trinmul Congress Party's Gift Is The Fre.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Dark Chapter, Abdullah alHemaidy
- The Sun Sings in You, Patti Masterman
- Desolate Fox, Prasad Natarajan
- Real Poverty, Abdullah alHemaidy
- A Dream In My Soul, Spiritwind Wood
- Peace, Leonard Champlin
- A Spirit Forever Free, Spiritwind Wood
- Mamas Counsel, Adeosun Olamide