A glistening diamond in a box of an eternal promise.
He whispered in my ear, Merry Christmas,
making my eyes roll back and my breath run short.
He then snapped the clasp around on my neck,
fumbling with his fingers, as if securing fragility.
And pushing away my cascaded coffee stained threads
he dabbed a gently seal on my cheek.
Shinning below my chin, the star rubbed on my collar
as I leaned over to feel that the dream was true.
With a smile, he gave it all.
Alejandra Berber's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Diamond Necklace by Alejandra Berber )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- My Eyes, Kyle Schlicher
- Big Ivory!, Denis Martindale
- My Eyes Blue And Clear, Kyle Schlicher
- Tomorrow I, Sadiqullah Khan
- Elegy To A Gypsy Lass, richard harris
- Firewater, Sadiqullah Khan
- Multiplied By Each Mind, Margaret Alice Second
- de reporter, co the skipper
- Knock the Door Down, Sadiqullah Khan
- Trails Of Love, Lilly Emery