A glistening diamond in a box of an eternal promise.
He whispered in my ear, Merry Christmas,
making my eyes roll back and my breath run short.
He then snapped the clasp around on my neck,
fumbling with his fingers, as if securing fragility.
And pushing away my cascaded coffee stained threads
he dabbed a gently seal on my cheek.
Shinning below my chin, the star rubbed on my collar
as I leaned over to feel that the dream was true.
With a smile, he gave it all.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Diamond Necklace by Alejandra Berber )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Death Of A Naturalist, Seamus Heaney
Poem of the Day
- The Jujube Tree And Me, Madathil Nair
- AM HOOKED IN YOUR TRUE LOVE., Changez Ndzai
- Coffee And Cream Chocolates, Michael P. McParland
- Bless You Tonight, Michael P. McParland
- You at the Center, rosalinda flores rosevoc
- Odia Poem- Brukshya Debata, Jitendra seth
- The Sorry Band-Aid, william upton
- Odia Poem- SATHI, Jitendra seth
- Odia Poem- BAPA, Jitendra seth
- Every Writer's Tale, Hebert Logerie