A glistening diamond in a box of an eternal promise.
He whispered in my ear, Merry Christmas,
making my eyes roll back and my breath run short.
He then snapped the clasp around on my neck,
fumbling with his fingers, as if securing fragility.
And pushing away my cascaded coffee stained threads
he dabbed a gently seal on my cheek.
Shinning below my chin, the star rubbed on my collar
as I leaned over to feel that the dream was true.
With a smile, he gave it all.
Alejandra Berber's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Diamond Necklace by Alejandra Berber )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- A SPECIAL LANGUAGE لغة خاصة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Ikaw lang, Jesus James Llorico
- SEASONS' PRETTY CLOTHES, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Daily Grind, Charles Hice
- Winter (HAIKU), Shqipe Prence
- The Real Robber, Monojit Chatterjee
- Untitle II, Seira LNlee94
- Robbin Williams - RIP, krishnakumar chandrasekar nair
- Body and Spirit, Mwenyeji Spikes
- Abiding In Forgiveness, Mwenyeji Spikes