Are demons angels that have lost their way?
Wings heavenly burdened with sadness and sorrow,
Their eyes veiled with the pain of separation.
And yet light from within, despite this all.
A light that remains new and encouraging,
like a star in the universe,
that lites up to shine on the path,
marked by darkness.
And then to return to the light.
hat enlightens all.
Ruerd Visser's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (demons! ? by Ruerd Visser )
- Be Steady, Be Ready, Cindy Wyatt
- The Chasm, G. E. Gorfu
- I am born on the land, ramesh rai
- John Ashbery: Some Personal Reflections, Ron Price
- meet my new jabberwocky, Mandolyn ...
- 3: 41, Adam Groszeibl
- Filtrate, Akhtar Jawad
- I am gajananmishra, gajanan mishra
- Winter, Neela Nath
- How wonder, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Oh, the places you'll go!, Adens Kamwi
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Late Walk, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)