Death like a cancer grows,
When it comes, nobody knows.
Enslaved in shadow,
This 'Killing King',
In wicked wonder, I feel Deaths sting.
Death follows creation,
Across the oceans,
Its mankinds damnation.
Death takes the young,
Visits the old,
Rich and poor alike,
Releases the soul.
What is this spector we call death?
It hunts and prowls for our last breath!
Death is with us everyday,
Bringing pain and sorrow,
It will never go away.
Pain, sorrow, misery, and tears,
Rules my fears.
A blackened spirit, wanting more,
Ending lifes' journey,
Will death knock on my door?
Philip Lore's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Deaths Journey by Philip Lore )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(January 6, 1883 – April 10, 1931)
Ahmed Nadeem Qasmi
(20 November 1916 - 10 July 2006)
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Boy Who Laughed At Santa Claus, Ogden Nash
Poem of the Day
- Alone, Samantha Gronn
- David, Casey Renee Kiser
- She Stuck Her Butt Out At Me..., wanderer sailor
- Nine Views of the Huangshan, Paul Hartal
- Trying to Say Goodbye, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Autumn, Leong Ming Loong
- Colors, Tom Squires
- वक्त का तकाजा है vakt ka takaaja hai, hasmukh amathalal
- A Lesson Learnt, Leong Ming Loong
- Pleasantries (Ghazal), Akhtar Jawad