The Silent Sword
My counterpart is nothing without me,
And I, nothing without it.
I care not whether you fear me.
I will find you in the end.
Run as far as you want.
My reach is everlasting,
Where there is life,
I do not do the killing,
I only collect.
And later guide.
I laugh as you flee from my grasp,
How you squirm in my fingers.
It is astonishing how some believe
They can cheat me.
The notion inside their heads is amusing.
They waste their time running,
Searching for a path of immortality,
A path of no existence.
With their focus centered on
Life was not lived.
I never lose.
There are some, very few,
Who do not run.
Instead, they walk beside me,
Greeting me like an old friend.
Only then am I not the only victor.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
- Half the Fortress
P.S. I am not advocating suicide or anything of the sort. I am expressing that you should not fear Death, and when the time is right, go with him, and let him guide you to a better place.
Comments about this poem (Death by The Silent Sword )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- For The Moment, A Sanskrit Illumination, mary douglas
- This High Circus Life Has, mary douglas
- Perfect Christmas Stocking, mary douglas
- par, Abdullah alHemaidy
- The Wind Has Caught The Tattered Rainbow.., mary douglas
- Budding Artists In a Tempera Grove Play .., mary douglas
- What the hell, Nassy Fesharaki
- Chair, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- See if I care, Mark Heathcote
- Wishes Granted, Bill Cantrell