The Silent Sword
My counterpart is nothing without me,
And I, nothing without it.
I care not whether you fear me.
I will find you in the end.
Run as far as you want.
My reach is everlasting,
Where there is life,
I do not do the killing,
I only collect.
And later guide.
I laugh as you flee from my grasp,
How you squirm in my fingers.
It is astonishing how some believe
They can cheat me.
The notion inside their heads is amusing.
They waste their time running,
Searching for a path of immortality,
A path of no existence.
With their focus centered on
Life was not lived.
I never lose.
There are some, very few,
Who do not run.
Instead, they walk beside me,
Greeting me like an old friend.
Only then am I not the only victor.
The Silent Sword's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
- Half the Fortress
P.S. I am not advocating suicide or anything of the sort. I am expressing that you should not fear Death, and when the time is right, go with him, and let him guide you to a better place.
Comments about this poem (Death by The Silent Sword )
- Drawing Inspiration, Tony Adah
- Bumblebees Bibbing, Saiom Shriver
- Tum Muze Kaha Pyar Dete Ho, ravipal bharshankar
- When He's Not Here, Lora Colon
- Charlotte Old Times (The Cure), B.. Alexander
- Cardinal flower, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Down the Memory Lane, Valsa George
- I Miss You, Viola Hughes
- Little Grass, wasim Akram
- Silence of graveyard, ramesh rai