Dead On Arrival
I am dead on arrival knowing I should have never been born
I am dead on arrival... lying still... sshh... as my hymen gets torn
I am dead on arrival so too was that life in me.
When I took those little poison pills & killed my baby instantly.
I am dead on arrival watching my dreams being crashed
Breaking my knuckles as I Watch these walls being smashed
I am dead on arrival picking the scabs on my fists.
I am dead on arrival enjoying my blood from my wrists.
I am dead on arrival as my dad chooses the bottle over me.
He teaches those lessons so well Why not drink the pain free?
I am dead on arrival watch me gorge this dirty food
Look at me run to the toilet to purge more than i Should.
I am dead on arrival knowing it could be so much worse.
But thoughts like those arouses my yearning for a herse.
I was placed on earth to fight for frivolous survival
And Life's a bitch so I'll wait for Death's arrival.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dead On Arrival by Melissa Nyman )
- The Posture Of Consciousness, Maharishi Deja Vu
- Cloudy eyes, Nassy Fesharaki
- Ill luck, hasmukh amathalal
- The Peasant, kashif khan
- Insanity Of Control, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Barren Future, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Big Pharma, michael walkerjohn
- Finding Gold, douglas scotney
- My Thirst, michael walkerjohn
- Musty Shadows, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Acquainted with the Night, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
(22 March 1941 -)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns