Dead On Arrival
I am dead on arrival knowing I should have never been born
I am dead on arrival... lying still... sshh... as my hymen gets torn
I am dead on arrival so too was that life in me.
When I took those little poison pills & killed my baby instantly.
I am dead on arrival watching my dreams being crashed
Breaking my knuckles as I Watch these walls being smashed
I am dead on arrival picking the scabs on my fists.
I am dead on arrival enjoying my blood from my wrists.
I am dead on arrival as my dad chooses the bottle over me.
He teaches those lessons so well Why not drink the pain free?
I am dead on arrival watch me gorge this dirty food
Look at me run to the toilet to purge more than i Should.
I am dead on arrival knowing it could be so much worse.
But thoughts like those arouses my yearning for a herse.
I was placed on earth to fight for frivolous survival
And Life's a bitch so I'll wait for Death's arrival.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dead On Arrival by Melissa Nyman )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
(5 November 1850 - 30 October 1919)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(20 October 1854 – 10 November 1891)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Love After Love, Derek Walcott
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- The Best Is To Forget, Shalom Freedman
- Esta noche, Sergio Jaime
- My Pen Is Happy, King Happy
- All of The Above, King Happy
- In a Minute, King Happy
- Knowing and accepting, gajanan mishra
- Lady of Enigma, NimmyMAry Kurian
- I Wish..., Almedia Knight Oliver
- Autumn, Paul Paterson
- Babies Of Melodrama, NimmyMAry Kurian