Dead On Arrival
I am dead on arrival knowing I should have never been born
I am dead on arrival... lying still... sshh... as my hymen gets torn
I am dead on arrival so too was that life in me.
When I took those little poison pills & killed my baby instantly.
I am dead on arrival watching my dreams being crashed
Breaking my knuckles as I Watch these walls being smashed
I am dead on arrival picking the scabs on my fists.
I am dead on arrival enjoying my blood from my wrists.
I am dead on arrival as my dad chooses the bottle over me.
He teaches those lessons so well Why not drink the pain free?
I am dead on arrival watch me gorge this dirty food
Look at me run to the toilet to purge more than i Should.
I am dead on arrival knowing it could be so much worse.
But thoughts like those arouses my yearning for a herse.
I was placed on earth to fight for frivolous survival
And Life's a bitch so I'll wait for Death's arrival.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dead On Arrival by Melissa Nyman )
- Dark Hallway, John Foster
- Closing Doors, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Mayfly, Luke J. Holt
- சூரிய ஒளி தன் அபூர்வ கிரணங்களோடு விரைந்த.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Awe - Inspiring Awareness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Remarkable Photograph, Frank Avon
- White Buffalo Annunciation, mary douglas
- Unrest Soul: Scaffolding Divergence, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- I Was There, David Lacey
- GRACE, Itsoghole O Solomon
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)