Archibald MacLeish (7 May 1892 – 20 April 1982 / Glencoe, Illinois)
De Votre Bonheur Il Ne Reste Que Vos Photos Sipsce…
And the rain since
And I have not heard
Leaf at the pane all winter
Nor a bird's wing beating as that was
I have not seen
All year your leaning face again
Since I have never wakened but that smell
Of wet pine bark was in the room.
Archibald MacLeish's Other Poems
- An Eternity
- Ars Poetica
- Before March
- Broken Promise
- De Votre Bonheur Il Ne Reste Que Vos Pho...
- Definition Of The Frontiers
- Dr. Sigmund Freud Discovers the Sea Shel...
- Hypocrite Auteur
- Immortal Autumn
- Invocation To The Social Muse
- L'An Trentiesme De Mon Eage
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.