Giorgio A. V.
The master of the light scopes on the brae,
bequeathing her the dusk that sweeps the fields,
his manly thoroughness and thought's cache,
in front of her transmitting aura yields,
while dark befalls around her form and shields;
whatever poised the shades' outlines as real
became Nyx' pass, became the fog's slack seal.
Her thoughts metamorphose, so e'er unplanned
to skyward borders where the maiden's prayers
amid apocryphal of aisles expand,
and winding they disperse, dew forlorn heirs;
the flutter of the blackbird drives her tears
and beatific perfect form that fades -
domain of conquered arbor woods and glades.
For Gaia's daughter begs to be transformed,
her perfect structure turns to laurel bole,
her splendid mane to foliage and adorned
the woods shall bear her innocence of soul;
the Nymph persists upon her vestal role,
cantabile his harp and sunshine beams,
forever meet the spieling of her dreams.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Daphne was a Nymph of the streams, Apollo's beloved.
Comments about this poem (- Daphne by Giorgio A. V. )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(22 March 1941 -)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Cognac, Larisa Rzhepishevska
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Destruction, Aftab Alam
- You know everything - public good, gajanan mishra
- DEATH PERMANENT! *, Subbaraman N V
- When Angry, Leong Ming Loong
- Truth and conscience, gajanan mishra
- Win the self, gajanan mishra
- (6) जिख्लाबसे लाइजाम: 'रैसुमै'नो, Ronjoy Brahma
- I Exist, Rohit Sapra
- The law of these times, Ravikumar C.P.
- So Many Minds Are Left Fractured, Lawrence S. Pertillar