The master of the light scopes on the brae,
bequeathing her the dusk that sweeps the fields,
his manly thoroughness and thought's cache,
in front of her transmitting aura yields,
while dark befalls around her form and shields;
whatever poised the shades' outlines as real
became Nyx' pass, became the fog's slack seal.
Her thoughts metamorphose, so e'er unplanned
to skyward borders where the maiden's prayers
amid apocryphal of aisles expand,
and winding they disperse, dew forlorn heirs;
the flutter of the blackbird drives her tears
and beatific perfect form that fades -
domain of conquered arbor woods and glades.
For Gaia's daughter begs to be transformed,
her perfect structure turns to laurel bole,
her splendid mane to foliage and adorned
the woods shall bear her innocence of soul;
the Nymph persists upon her vestal role,
cantabile his harp and sunshine beams,
forever meet the spieling of her dreams.
Giorgio Venetopoulos's Other Poems
Topic(s): rhyme royal
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Daphne was a Nymph of the streams, Apollo's beloved.
Comments about this poem (- Daphne by Giorgio Venetopoulos )
- Cardinal flower, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Down the Memory Lane, Valsa George
- I Miss You, Viola Hughes
- Little Grass, wasim Akram
- Silence of graveyard, ramesh rai
- Stand Small, Von Kimball Barney
- This Friendship Has Sunk, Francie Lynch
- Smiling, Mokhtari Houssam eddine
- Desperation and Suicide, Is It Poetry
- Journey Rythms, Tony Adah