Dancing On A Moonlit Night
'Dance outside on a moonlit summer night with the love of my life in my arms.'
And hear the crunching of the leaves,
Under our bare feet.
But be careful jumping hurdles!
Still the crickets sing in the moon light.
He'd a diamond fist for an arm.
I really just hoped no one would see.
Dancing under the palm tree.
When by shapes my words are known, I try.
So please don't cry.
This is the happiest day of my life.
Ronald Chapman's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dancing On A Moonlit Night by Ronald Chapman )
- Photo Thoughts, GRANT FRASER
- Make in India, gajanan mishra
- Respectable, Dean Meredith
- Artists, kassem oude
- दिनैनि गोसोखांथियाव, Ronjoy Brahma
- Make others do, gajanan mishra
- MY FEELINGS FOR YOU, AMADU KAMARA
- From Gandhiji's Quotes for Gandhi Jayanthi, Dr John Celes
- Seeing, Aparna Chatterjee
- O American Girl, Will You Take With You?, Bijay Kant Dubey
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Philip Booth
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)