Elinor Morton Wylie
The sailorman's child
And the girl of the witch--
They can't be defiled
By touching pitch.
The sailorman's son
Had a ship for a nursery;
The other one
Was baptised by sorcery.
Although he's shipped
To the Persian Gulf, her
Body's been dipped
In burning sulphur.
Elinor Morton Wylie's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Curious Circumstance by Elinor Morton Wylie )
- Alien Lullaby, Akujuobi Chijioke
- A Song Of Long Ago, Lilly Emery
- Simply Amazing, Olecia Henry
- A City Called Nirvana, Akujuobi Chijioke
- Dragon Kite Tanka, Chenou Liu
- Butterfly Kite Haiku, Chenou Liu
- Nightmares With No End, Lilly Emery
- The source of our pains and our sufferin.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The source of our pains and our pains an.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Comfort Of Our Dreams, David Harris