Crisis nags like a baying hound
at those who wear it as a crown
who drink its sorrow long and deep
and spit up wisdom on the cheap
forming mountains from every spill
girded by misery broker's pills
the very presence of such pills
behooves adherence to such ills
and tax incentives for reported abuse
afford the weak a pat excuse,
as holding fast the victim role
enforces pleas to salt the dole.
The anatomy of crisis forms
from birth 'till feed for hungry worms
we watch, listen, recite, 'oh, well...'
descend by bounds through Dante's hell
while some persist to keep it 'round
peddling Souls for a day's renown.
Cretan Maineiac's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Crisis by Cretan Maineiac )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Friendship's Light, Pamela Kewin
- Windmill, lee fones
- A Rise of Fury, tolu ogundare
- I Feel Your Darkness, Lilly Emery
- Arabian sea., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Winter Walk..., Denis Martindale
- Year 3000 and Beyond (A Scientific Fores.., Jesus James Llorico
- When Dreams Come, Kyle Schlicher
- Horse of the Hot Bloods, tolu ogundare
- of my Pride, sEaN nOrTh