Creatures of the Night
I think of no.
I think of amphetamine ghosts
Patrolling these streets.
Smelling of coffee
And used condoms.
Behind split curtains
Strangers studying sleep patterns.
What makes a heart pulse
What makes it sleep?
Disguising city lights
A mask of brush strokes
And mundane color patterns.
To help explain a sunrise.
At the tip
Of my cherry”
Thinking of prayer.
Thinking of Confession.
As an example to struggle.
Poverty stricken diligence.
Comprised of yellow teeth.
I think I have perfected my kneel.
Don't hold a breath
While I practice how to sigh.
A.j. Binash's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Creatures of the Night by A.j. Binash )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- She Buried Three, Alicia C. Cooper
- Oxygen, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Remembering Charlotte, Alicia C. Cooper
- SCARRING, Satish Verma
- you not a good being, MONGAMELI MAZONGOLO
- The Invention of Streetlights, Cole Swensen
- teenage pregnancy, MONGAMELI MAZONGOLO
- Emerge into one, hasmukh amathalal
- do you still remember?, MONGAMELI MAZONGOLO
- The Power Holders, ali chukwuemeka