Impenitent, deposited her soul before
the convent's calling of redemption turned to prayer,
her covenant, inside the sanctum to implore,
canonical sustains her matin's aubade e'er.
(The ghostly reservation spreads, outside, in air
in harmony and misty dew that nymphs bestow;
Her white and vast Invernal quilt, bequeaths his fare;
man's mountain flight in solitude, becomes a crow.)
The waiting holocaust, impertinent consumes,
abundant insularity, her life in gale,
this holiness' transparency, both souls entombs,
- besought expressions of entreat on holy trail.
Her imperfection is immured inside the hope
distrait is her salvation's route; ascends effused,
in abstinence disporting fates, who dormant grope,
emending consecrated souls that reigns refused.
With uttered sentiments and mindful heed,
cherubic, grants her vows to him and burdened scope,
attentive to his Crucifix, plasticity of mead,
was it the crow's night omen call and skyward lope?
She joins her palms, ex-courtesan and reason's mire,
perusing her late impudence, in prayer withdraws
by beauty's blessed her holiness, a thorny briar,
Eve christened maid of covenant and crimson flaws.
Giorgio Venetopoulos's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
(Iambic hexameter, creative writing)
Comments about this poem (- Covenant by Giorgio Venetopoulos )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Sense Of Art, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Visions Of Perfection, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Whispers Of Angels, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sun Dream, Aftab Alam
- Memory's Moments, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Like rays, hasmukh amathalal
- Chamber Of Quiet Music, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Plato's Cave, Edward A. Morris
- Starting with Paradox in a Poet's Nightm.., Edward A. Morris
- Rhymes with Use, Edward A. Morris