Could've Sworn I Heard Footsteps In The Woods
I was afraid.
I went outside like I did every night
to the swingset by the woods.
I'm not sure why I go out there,
it could be the stars,
or the thought of you
that always came with them.
I was alone,
and hearing noises in the woods,
my imagination working full force,
I felt like I was being watched.
Whenever I felt like this,
I imagined you
watching me from the woods.
This didn't scare me,
the thought was comforting,
that you still longed for me
like I long for you.
I hadn't seen you in months,
I'm afraid I wouldn't even recognize your face
if I did ever happen to see you again.
Why is that the most terrifying thought?
I once thought forgetting you would be a good thing;
I guess I still love you too much.
B.B. Loring's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Could've Sworn I Heard Footsteps In The Woods by B.B. Loring )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Life-Lesson, James Whitcomb Riley
Poem of the Day
- Understanding The Bodo Culture, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Each Day With You KP, Michael P. McParland
- Where there is truth and love, gajanan mishra
- Each Day 2, Michael P. McParland
- Dreams to Follow, Peter S. Quinn
- Each Day, Michael P. McParland
- Leprechauns in Pop's Fedora, Donal Mahoney
- Dreamt Of You 4, Michael P. McParland
- Dreamt Of You 3, Michael P. McParland
- Search of quest, hasmukh amathalal