Could the Philanthropists avoid pain?
Is the pain the penalty for sins?
Years have gone, the same concept still continues,
The pain of the heart or the soul or the skin,
Living things are fragile, just protected by cells,
Invaders are there with the weapons to drill,
Sins are the prohibited actions not only religious,
Also Biological, psychological and political,
Beware of the invaders, waiting just outside,
Holding the weapons to dissolve the solute,
Hibernating for years for the right host and textures,
It may be you and I who has to suffer,
Though we gulp the supplemental elixir rituals,
Who has done this research to connect the actions with pain?
Infection and infected are the witness, not the conclusion,
After the discovery of antibiotic patriot to attack the specifics,
When we are in pain, still we say what we had done to be vain,
Once we are cured, the pain is gone and we always thank the God,
What a mess we are in! Our rational and religious thoughts,
Not match with each other to prove a point!
We are in a mess! Don’t hurt someone when they are in pain.
Dissecting their souls to retrieve the karmic acts to blame,
We have to die one day and we go off with moderate or severe pain.
veeraiyah subbulakshmi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Could the Philanthropists avoid pain? by veeraiyah subbulakshmi )
Did you read them?
- As and when, hasmukh amathalal
- Diamond in a rough, Aftab Alam
- Pollution, Lavanya Pati
- Early union, hasmukh amathalal
- EXTRA FOR BREAKFAST, Terry Collett
- Uninvited - Lincoln Park Zoo, Ima Ryma
- Through the down memory lane., Ruma Chaudhuri
- The Ladyton Spring, Dan Reynolds
- Bhumi, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Time Passes By..., Alvin Jenner
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(10 February 1970-)
Alan W. Jankowski
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)