Heliocentrism dared to
State that the sun was center star,
And Earth just one of retinue
Revolving about, near and far.
Copernicus argued such case
With his long writings and long breath,
Taking up lots of time and space,
All published just before his death.
Needless to say, bunches of ists -
Religion, science, politics
Stuck Copernicus on hate lists
For twisting truth with dirty tricks.
In the end, Copernicus won,
Earth being third rock from the sun.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Copernicus by Ima Ryma )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- buzz be what?, Mandolyn ...
- The Cat, Novica Tadić
- Singing in the Shower, Joan Goodwin
- Pappou Elias' Poem - More Literal - No R.., Elia Michael
- Night Sonnet, Novica Tadić
- Asperger's is not a curse - it is just a.., Richard Allen Beevor
- Knives, Dreams, Novica Tadić
- Night Passes, Novica Tadić
- Conversation (1), Novica Tadić
- WALKING SHADOWS, Satish Verma