Confession Of An English Opium Eater
In the dead of night
My eager heart leaps in joy
When the tiny green dot
Ensures your silence presence
I can feel your breath that
connect me with you in facebook.
The effect of booze makes me frank
Through chats you cross all barriers
Intimacy grows with virtual touch
Eyes strained to steal the verbose.
Each word written in utter drowsiness
Speaks more of your mind, your secrets
By then the holy water buries my senses
With a jerk I hurriedly look at the screen
After a bark heard from few street dogs.
Messages ejected to tranquilize the body,
So warm, so touching, so sensuous
Rob my heart and my slumber.
At dawn, get a loud knock on door
And realized it was a dream that I bore.
Moloy Bhattacharya's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Confession Of An English Opium Eater by Moloy Bhattacharya )
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(2 November 1994)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Poem of the Day
- Paris Will Never Be The Same, Alan W. Jankowski
- Actions Speak Louder Than Words, Alan W. Jankowski
- Grandpa, Alan W. Jankowski
- Happiness And Purpose, Alan W. Jankowski
- MY OATH DUE TO YOUR LOVE., Changez Ndzai
- The Sparrow, Robert Plese
- The Bemused, Robert Plese
- Time's departure, hasmukh amathalal
- We Were Born Naked, Michael Webb
- No race, hasmukh amathalal