Confession Of An English Opium Eater
In the dead of night
My eager heart leaps in joy
When the tiny green dot
Ensures your silence presence
I can feel your breath that
connect me with you in facebook.
The effect of booze makes me frank
Through chats you cross all barriers
Intimacy grows with virtual touch
Eyes strained to steal the verbose.
Each word written in utter drowsiness
Speaks more of your mind, your secrets
By then the holy water buries my senses
With a jerk I hurriedly look at the screen
After a bark heard from few street dogs.
Messages ejected to tranquilize the body,
So warm, so touching, so sensuous
Rob my heart and my slumber.
At dawn, get a loud knock on door
And realized it was a dream that I bore.
Moloy Bhattacharya's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Confession Of An English Opium Eater by Moloy Bhattacharya )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Blamed too, hasmukh amathalal
- A Broken Mirror, Naveed Khalid
- BY Design, Terrance Tracy
- The Man of War and Flowers, Daniel Skentelbery
- Honest Love, Ronald Chapman
- Homage to Sarah Geronimo 'The Pop Star P.., Ronald Chapman
- False Prophets, Dexsta Ray
- scenic scene, lee fones
- Hold On, Ronald Chapman
- Very simple life, hasmukh amathalal