Confession Of An English Opium Eater
In the dead of night
My eager heart leaps in joy
When the tiny green dot
Ensures your silence presence
I can feel your breath that
connect me with you in facebook.
The effect of booze makes me frank
Through chats you cross all barriers
Intimacy grows with virtual touch
Eyes strained to steal the verbose.
Each word written in utter drowsiness
Speaks more of your mind, your secrets
By then the holy water buries my senses
With a jerk I hurriedly look at the screen
After a bark heard from few street dogs.
Messages ejected to tranquilize the body,
So warm, so touching, so sensuous
Rob my heart and my slumber.
At dawn, get a loud knock on door
And realized it was a dream that I bore.
Moloy Bhattacharya's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Confession Of An English Opium Eater by Moloy Bhattacharya )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Ralph Waldo Emerson
(1803 - 1882)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Odia Poem- JHADA, Jitendra seth
- Gratitude, Mallika Achuthan Menon
- My Thoughts, Michael P. McParland
- Impact of snow climate., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- My limbs, gajanan mishra
- PARUI POLICE BRUTALITY, Bireswar Halder
- Sacred Kailas, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- VIRTUAL POET FRIENDS, Philo Yan
- The Imponderable, Sandra Feldman
- Arousal Of Energy, RoseAnn V. Shawiak