Father grant me a clearer vision of my mission,
To you, the world and my nation;
That there be no omission.
My life thus commissioned,
With full submission;
Paying full attention.
Defying all obstructions.
Ambitions, passions and obessions,
May be to your glorification,
To others an inspiration;
And all through generations,
Worthy to be mentioned.
And in all entirety,
Ensure that l a celebrity,
Do not sink into oblivion;
And die a nonentity.
But from obscurity,
Shine unto eternity.
Valentine Mbagu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Gifted Poetry Foundation.
Comments about this poem (Commissioned Life by Valentine Mbagu )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Poet's Right, Francie Lynch
- Act 1 scene 1 Romeo, Juliet and there me.., lee fones
- Look East (Regional), Ronald Chapman
- Homage to the Korean Comfort Women (Regi.., Ronald Chapman
- cos the blues, ' TAKES ' - redline bluel.., sEaN nOrTh
- Emptiness, Ronald Chapman
- A Wonder to be Seen on the Han River (Re.., Ronald Chapman
- A Moment's pause, David Whalen
- Almost Forever, Ronald Chapman
- Ice Queen - Yuna Kim Homage (Regional), Ronald Chapman