Come, I Hear Noise In The City Again
Yesterday they were running after me
They thought I was the thief that took with him the woman’s money
I from far back heard with doubt a clap of mockery bullets
And a shout came after the sound of guns’ toys
I don’t know what people think when they see a crowd running after someone
Many of them were crying for I could’ve been in danger
They gotten amazed when they heard a clap of smiles and laughter
From the army this following me
Today we intend to make noise of our choice
Without cause and with no pause
A few hired children will be crying in the contiguous background
And the women will go on street making stories while moving around
The muscle men will protect us against who stops us
We’ve gotten all that power and no need to use a bus
We hope you will join collectively to enjoy the cheerful convoy
And the noise we lack tomorrow when dead and gone and no joy
Masereka Amos's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Come, I Hear Noise In The City Again by Masereka Amos )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- selah, don't say la la la..., Mandolyn ...
- Ego Rulers Built Massive Monuments, Terence G. Craddock
- Capitalistic Perceived Important People, Terence G. Craddock
- here's an itty bitty bite, Mandolyn ...
- Remember Me (Dedicated 2 those that have.., Enyinwa Okechukwu Enyinwa
- school lunch woes and whoa it's healthy!, Mandolyn ...
- lack of caffeine means this, Mandolyn ...
- Happy Birthday Son, Rowina M Mallick
- Why Do Turtles Cross The Road?, Darlene Walsh
- Distress, Nick Kler