Cinderella, why do you wish to be like anyone else?
Your fine by yourself.
People notice you because your different
Cinderella, why do you wish to be pretty?
What you have is called inner beauty
I’m not giving you my pity
Cinderella, Why don’t you stand up to those snobs?
They are garbage compared to you
The people who rob
End up blue
Cinderella, Why don’t you take what’s yours?
And not just dust either
Stop doing those chores
Cinderella, Why don’t you go out?
Not as a maid but who you really are
Go a different route
You will shine like a star
Cinderella, why don’t you let the beauty out?
The prince will like you for you
Go out and about
Forget the glass shoe
Cinderella, why don’t you forget its midnight?
Show the prince who you really are
You wont win without a fight
I’m telling you shine like star
Be yourself not someone else
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Cinderella by N'a N'a )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Liliana EL.
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- To A Mouse, Robert Burns
- Address To A Haggis, Robert Burns
- A Bottle And Friend, Robert Burns
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- My Heart's In The Highlands, Robert Burns
- A Winter Night, Robert Burns
- A Man's a Man for A' That, Robert Burns
Poem of the Day
- Chaos Call, Arik Fletcher
- upon new year's, Ivana Valasik
- Double Jeopardy, David Lewis Paget
- Mining artwork narratives from Sydney Bi.., Danny Draper
- I want to change the language, Danny Draper
- Conference confinement, Danny Draper
- Lunch in the Art Gallery of NSW members .., Danny Draper
- Vulnerability, Valsa George
- Arbitrary (an acronym for beaurocracy), Danny Draper
- The Great Avarice Belief, Danny Draper