Cars and bustle, rush and hustle,
trolley dashing tempers clashing
Christmas cheer to much beer
mistletoe, plastic snow
christmas holly 'lets be jolly'
christmas pud, do you think we should?
Turkey, stuffing, granny puffing,
fairy lights, men in tights
pantomimes, palour games
christmas cake, belly ache
as yet another piece you take!
Boxing day, in-laws stay!
Endless repeats on the telly, and again from your belly!
No more hassle...the odd brussel!
A pain in the arse!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Christmas Spirit by Tess Gurney )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
((13 March 1941 – 9 August 2008)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Christina Georgina Rossetti
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Little While, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
Poem of the Day
- broken wing, Cee Bea
- Planet Control, Joseph Archer
- My Struggle, Michael P. McParland
- Nervous Wreck, Michael P. McParland
- Bäume, Wolfgang Steinmann
- Infinity Divided By Zero, Michael P. McParland
- Inner nightmare, iluneos periform
- Light, Isaac Maliya
- Trapped in a dewy glistening web, Mark Heathcote
- Three Days Before Christmas, Wolfgang Steinmann