Chidioch Tichborne (1558-1586)
On September the nineteenth 1586 in London Tower
When the bloom of his young life was decaying like a flower
Dying in the cool winds of the early Fall
In words his tragic life he did recall.
Chidioch Tichborne to something beautiful to gave life
In his farewell elegy to Agnes his wife
An elegy still read and popular today
True greatness can be slow for to meet decay.
Accused as being in a failed plot to murder Elizabeth England's Queen
His best days as a poet he had not seen
Hung drawn and quartered a brutal way to die
Such a death to justice surely gives the lie.
Executed in his twenty eight year even in those times that was young
But he did not remain as one unsung
His gift of life may have been snatched from him in his prime
But his life story and his elegy have withstood the test of time.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Chidioch Tichborne (1558-1586) by Francis Duggan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Did you read them?
- When the Word "Balsa" Becomes .., Virgil Suárez
- Thaw, Virgil Suárez
- Poem to Eliades Ochoa and Cuarteto Patri.., Virgil Suárez
- A Cuban Dream in Three Parts, Virgil Suárez
- OUR WORDS ARE REPEATING OUR ACTIONS, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The Dirt Eaters, Virgil Suárez
- Isla, Virgil Suárez
- She's Beautiful, Masereka Amos
- Every One Deceives You, Masereka Amos
- Brueghel In The Hydrangeas, Julie Suk