'Chasing Amy Winehouse'
I’m cruisin’ down a desert dirt road,
Thinkin’ of you... and
Listenin’ to our playlist of songs.
Regina Spektor pours her heart out,
with How, and Fidelity…
Her words are givin’ you a shoutout,
Telling you that one day maybe, we’ll begin again.
The Script calls out your name…
Telling you that I got Nothing…
12 Stones are telling you The way I feel,
And then, Lie to me...reminds me of the lies that I’ve told.
I know now, that it will never be the same.
And the thought of losing you is
Beginning to take hold,
And it’s slowly, driving me insane.
I know you-
I know your favorite songs,
Your favorite band,
I know your worst fears,
And I know I promised- to never let go of your hand.
I know your deepest secrets,
As only you- know mine,
I just can’t seem to let you go…
Nor can I pretend to turn back time.
But, if we could try again,
Just start from start,
I’d take away the hurt that I caused you,
The pain that crushed your heart.
I’d give you more than a promise,
I’d give you the key to my inner world-
And open the doorway into my soul,
And the window to my heart.
I’d never let you fall again,
I’d be there to pick you up…
A friend to make you whole.
But I realize, that I’m chasing a dream,
That you’re probably never going to give me that
So now, I’m chasing the ghost of
You know I’m no good.
because, Love is a losing game
Her soulful voice echoes my
Addiction to you,
And your pain- echoes her
Kelly Seale's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem ('Chasing Amy Winehouse' by Kelly Seale )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- // a deal / bleeding //, baki nasrullah
- // 64 days in jail //, baki nasrullah
- // untouchable //, baki nasrullah
- Missing You Always, Tameeka Smith
- // to save my mother //, baki nasrullah
- // the deconstruction //, baki nasrullah
- // road not to be taken //, baki nasrullah
- // panegyric //, baki nasrullah
- The Cold Days Of Winter, Tom Zart
- // give it a try //, baki nasrullah