Chase the Devil Away
Chase away the devil
When he comes into your path,
He is just something evil
And you will have the last laugh.
His tricks aren’t any surprise
Roaring like a hungry lion
Threatening peoples lives
Chase away the devil if you can.
Think of him as proud Satan
Trying to be friend with incantation,
Don’t close your eyes to his temptation
See the real picture in regeneration.
Justice is coming and he doesn’t expect it,
Because he has crossed the line
He will be bound in the bottomless pit
Put away from society for a long time.
Gods law is strong It will stand when he falls,
Into the prison of his own captivity,
You can say a prayer and close your eyes,
He’ll not bother you again throughout eternity.
Gerry Legister's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Chase the Devil Away by Gerry Legister )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- After Meeting A Foreigner Girl, Bijay Kant Dubey
- At Last A Rose, Electric Lady
- Needs, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Buffaloman Too A Chief Minister In B.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Purpose, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sitting In The Time's House, Bijay Kant Dubey
- I Was Nearly Canonized Recently, Monk E. Biz
- Burquawalli, May I Ask, Why Is Saudi Ara.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Friend 3, Neela Nath
- Chicken dance, gajanan mishra