Chase the Devil Away
Chase away the devil
When he comes into your path,
He is just something evil
And you will have the last laugh.
His tricks aren’t any surprise
Roaring like a hungry lion
Threatening peoples lives
Chase away the devil if you can.
Think of him as proud Satan
Trying to be friend with incantation,
Don’t close your eyes to his temptation
See the real picture in regeneration.
Justice is coming and he doesn’t expect it,
Because he has crossed the line
He will be bound in the bottomless pit
Put away from society for a long time.
Gods law is strong It will stand when he falls,
Into the prison of his own captivity,
You can say a prayer and close your eyes,
He’ll not bother you again throughout eternity.
Gerry Legister's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Chase the Devil Away by Gerry Legister )
- Winters Coming, michael hagwood
- Whats Wrong With Me, jasmine paul
- Empty Skies, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- wholesome girl, Brit Thompson
- An Indian English Poet, His Father Was N.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- On The Way Down, Shalom Freedman
- Beyond Beautiful, greg paul
- Winterchill, Richard Provencher
- Jungle of the English Language, Ken e Hall
- I was Dreaming, Oduro Bright Amoh