When May is here, and every morn
Is dappled with pied bells,
And dewdrops glance along the thorn
And wings flash in the dells,
I take my pipe and play a tune
Of dreams, a whispered melody,
For feet that dance beneath the moon
In fairy jollity.
And when the pastoral hills are grey
And the dim stars are spread,
A scamper fills the grass like play
Of feet where fairies tread.
And many a little whispering thing
Is calling the Shee.
The dewy bells of evening ring,
And all is melody.
Francis Ledwidge's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ceol Sidhe by Francis Ledwidge )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- THEY WERE THE PRETTIEST DAYS OF MY LIFE .., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Happy 10th Anniversary "Arirang Rad.., Ronald Chapman
- Halloween!, Ronald Chapman
- CAn bAnDy r0uNd JeW, sEaN nOrTh
- April fool, lee fones
- Half My Life (Secret Message Poem), Ronald Chapman
- H.G Well's Folly, Ronald Chapman
- Good Dream Or Bad Dream For A Writer? Yo.., Ronald Chapman
- The wave, Tony Adah
- Look me in the eye, Poison kuhn