Carol Fleming Klein
Oh, I'm a real 'California Girl'
For sure, and I mean really.
Born outside of Boston
And schooled outside of Philly.
I'm a 'California Girl', yeah really.
And with my California suntan
And my Bette Davis eyes
I can make a man feel warmer
Than these sunny southern skies.
Topic of this poem: funny
Carol Fleming Klein's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
And no, I never was some tanned and beautiful 'movie star goddess' altho I did have some fancy maneuvers going on around me poolside. But my life was normally quiet and tranquil.
Comments about this poem ('California Girl' by Carol Fleming Klein )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Bottle And Friend, Robert Burns
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- To A Mouse, Robert Burns
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Raindrops of my tears, Nicola Kelly
- A ventriloquist without a dummy, Nicola Kelly
- UFO, Nicola Kelly
- Red and gold, Nicola Kelly
- Beyond reasonable doubt, Nicola Kelly
- A Photograph, Andrea Vescovo
- De ja vu, Nicola Kelly
- Watch NFL Pro Bowl 2015: Team Irvin vs [.., Noah Hariss
- Suitcase full of dreams, Nicola Kelly
- No ordinary day, Nicola Kelly