What are you thinking,
As you proudly unwrap
Your green and red flag,
In minus twenty degrees?
Do you have black thoughts
About the northern whiteness
Around you? Or
Are you here at all?
Do your coat and scarf and boots
Seem strangely out of place
In the sun of Ouagadougou
Amid the cries of children
And weaver birds?
What are you thinking?
And why do I ask?
Roger Clark's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Burkina Faso by Roger Clark )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- THIS LIFE IS UP-SIDE-DOWN هذه الحياة متك.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Islands of Flowers, Marilyn Lott
- Home-makers, Dr Deena Padayachee
- I APOLOGIZE FOR YOU, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- On your toe, shubham sutar
- I don't know what to think of it, shubham sutar
- you lives in me, shubham sutar
- I broke your heart, shubham sutar
- I APOLGIZE FOR YOU انا بعتذرلك, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- art uncle jude, binod bastola