Sitting on the couch all day,
Refusing to do any work like a truant,
Checking out his Facebook page,
Updating his status every hour,
Playing yardball games and
Failing to pay any attention to work,
My brother smirks at everyone around him.
My brother is a truant,
Someone who hates working
And is good at shirking his responsibilities,
Making people clean up after him constantly,
And his laziness makes people frustrated.
He says, 'No, ' if you ask him to help you,
Refuses to do any work,
Refutes you for getting after you,
Defies everything you tell him not to do,
And denies he has any problems in the least.
He is problematic in every way.
My brother is irritating,
Obnoxious to say the least,
He and his cabal like to plot
Things that would make people
Lose their alacrity and go insane.
Mirth for him is
Misery for others.
My brother is a coxcomb,
Combing his hair every time
He walks past a mirror,
Doing a 'butt-check' after
He goes to the bathroom,
Making sure his clothes are on straight,
And always giving in to his foppish ways.
He is insecure about his looks,
Asking people if he should wear one
Outfit or the other so
He can 'impress the ladies.'
He takes hour-showers,
Making his entire family wait for him.
The fop makes everyone frustrated
Because he is no more than dandy.
My brother is a jerk,
Thoughtless to other people,
Unconcerned about their problems,
And only concerned about himself.
He fails to have empathy,
And succumbs to his self-centredness.
My brother is a knave,
Giving people insults,
And hurting people to
The best of his ability.
He is a flibbertigibbet,
Not aware of anyone else's
Thoughts or emotions.
Yet, he can still be a good man,
Despite what people may say,
For he does show compassion at times,
And sometimes shows love.
He isn't perfect,
But he's still my brother,
And I will love him forevermore.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Brosef by Justin Reamer )
- We, Yohan Confectioner
- Trust None, Even Me!, Sir Toby
- More Deliberately Taken, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Ah, money!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- We shall overcome someday, Vidura Prabhath
- Jadavpur University Campus And The Lefti.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Excellence, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Chains, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- New Dawn, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- The Stolen Ancient Landmark, Sir Toby
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)