Sitting on the couch all day,
Refusing to do any work like a truant,
Checking out his Facebook page,
Updating his status every hour,
Playing yardball games and
Failing to pay any attention to work,
My brother smirks at everyone around him.
My brother is a truant,
Someone who hates working
And is good at shirking his responsibilities,
Making people clean up after him constantly,
And his laziness makes people frustrated.
He says, 'No, ' if you ask him to help you,
Refuses to do any work,
Refutes you for getting after you,
Defies everything you tell him not to do,
And denies he has any problems in the least.
He is problematic in every way.
My brother is irritating,
Obnoxious to say the least,
He and his cabal like to plot
Things that would make people
Lose their alacrity and go insane.
Mirth for him is
Misery for others.
My brother is a coxcomb,
Combing his hair every time
He walks past a mirror,
Doing a 'butt-check' after
He goes to the bathroom,
Making sure his clothes are on straight,
And always giving in to his foppish ways.
He is insecure about his looks,
Asking people if he should wear one
Outfit or the other so
He can 'impress the ladies.'
He takes hour-showers,
Making his entire family wait for him.
The fop makes everyone frustrated
Because he is no more than dandy.
My brother is a jerk,
Thoughtless to other people,
Unconcerned about their problems,
And only concerned about himself.
He fails to have empathy,
And succumbs to his self-centredness.
My brother is a knave,
Giving people insults,
And hurting people to
The best of his ability.
He is a flibbertigibbet,
Not aware of anyone else's
Thoughts or emotions.
Yet, he can still be a good man,
Despite what people may say,
For he does show compassion at times,
And sometimes shows love.
He isn't perfect,
But he's still my brother,
And I will love him forevermore.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Brosef by Justin Reamer )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Mitchell Gonzalez
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Police Car, Mitchell Gonzalez
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- A Visit from St. Nicholas, Clement Clarke Moore
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- You & I, Fabrizio Frosini
- My Little Bird, Alfred Oyori
- Regret, Damian Murphy
- Helpless reasonings, Howard MacDougall
- The first Flight, michael hagwood
- Fake, RJP Patterson
- Bee Bathes In Bliss, Saiom Shriver
- Merry Christmas, lee fones
- Searching For Convictions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Not Strong Enough, RoseAnn V. Shawiak