All the broken promises you made to me
When I was small, and the so called promises you use to make
I give you some kind of credit you still try to make them, but
they are still all lies.
I feel that I am the only one that cries.
You never try to keep them I don’t know when to believe you or not.
Now! ” You say you'll call“ Of course you don't! .
To have anyone spend a day with You it’s impossible.
Now! with, your grandchildren they are seeing,
and understand what you did to me.
I won't let you send their every hope go flying high,
like the way you to use to do it to me.
Just let all of us be!
The excitement is no longer there!
I know you don’t care!
They know you don’t care! ,
In a mare moment the time will pass
and without you in it.
So once again, you’re all a lone
all by yourself.
Somehow, My heart will sit on a shelf, and waits
having the fate that you start to change.
I still have a little yearning for you to be my father,
and they are still yearning for you be their grandpa,
but how many chances does one give?
How many chances do I give?
I try to live without you in it.
I gave you so many chances with your grandchildren.
I gave you so many chances to be my father.
You rather do what you want you do.
We need get on with our lives without you.
I hate to say, but your image will fade after awhile.
I still have those awful memories.
I need to let you go.
You will be tucked deep in my heart.
I need to start my life all over again.
The pain and the suffering has to stop.
Pam Fraser's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Broken Promises by Pam Fraser )
- Picking At Sores, Kyle Schlicher
- Crazy, Dipankar Sadhukhan
- National Festival, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- I Must Make Preparations, Kyle Schlicher
- Aftermath…, LALITHA JOSEPH
- THE FUNERAL RAM, john chizoba vincent
- I Am Tired Before My Time, Kyle Schlicher
- If I Could, Michael McParland
- The Running Wheel Of Love, Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Meaningless, timeless...., refilwe ranape
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)