Felicia Dorothea Hemans
The corn, in golden light,
Waves o'er the plain;
The sickle's gleam is bright;
Full swells the grain.
Now send we far around
Our harvest lay!
-Alas! a heavier sound
Comes o'er the day!
On every breeze a knell
The hamlets pour,-
-We know its cause too well,
She is no more!
Her soft eye's blue,-
-Now o'er the gifts of God
Fall tears like dew!
Felicia Dorothea Hemans's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Brandenburgh Harvest-Song by Felicia Dorothea Hemans )
- The Soul Killer~, Monk E. Biz
- You are young, hasmukh amathalal
- Poetry, Jesus James Llorico
- Do not ask, hasmukh amathalal
- My View of Heaven, Von Kimball Barney
- Forlorn Child., Marcondes Pereira
- I AM WOMAN, bill costley
- Experiment life, gajanan mishra
- Socialism - Vs - Anti -socialism, ramesh rai
- Beauty Rarely, Casey Renee Kiser