Boring Yet Illustrious Ancestors
In History, the Prophetess (Joseph of Arimathea’s dau.) wed two kings…
Anna (Don Verch Mathonwy) Enygeus” who was also a warrior who’d sing!
First married “Beli Mawr Heli, Ap Manogan; which 2-of-my line descend.
She weds also “Brân/ Bron, Ap Llyr Llediaith” of another line to end.
Descendants from Anna’s seed, as royals, help detour from royal greed.
Caractacus was an enemy-star, stood trial bef. Roman tribunal; yet freed!
Her son, this king, saved the kingdom bef.54 AD, in Siluria Rome, of Italy…
Then St. Cyllin Ap Caradoc, her Grand-child, his wife was unknown really.
Later, Coel Ap Cyllin bet.0060 B.C.-120 A.D.,4-ENG was converging.
Lleuver Ap Coel, b. May 130, weds Gladis Eurgen; not necessarily a virgin.
2-lines-plus: Gladys Lleuver weds Cadvan of Cambria, really what a pair.
Strada Verch Cadfan was ancestor of King Arthur of Camelot, AKA: the Fair.
Her dau. Flavia Helen, of the Cross, weds Constantius I or Augustus renown.
Their son: Constantine I Augustus wed Flavia Maximiana Fausta in town.
Then Flavius II Julius Constanius weds Minervina, wife of Great Constantine.
Their son Magnus F. Clemens Maximus weds Elen Eudaf; life was so serene.
Daughter Gratianna Wledig weds another king Tudwal; not of Brecknock.
Their dau. Prawst weds Brychan ‘the St.’ Ap Anlach, a King of Brycheiniog.
Their dau. Meleri Brychan weds Ceredig Ceredigion, for that land is named.
Son Usai Ceredig was b.453 Ceredigion, Wales; ruled-&-didn’t play games.
Then came Sewrwyl Ap Usai, his son Boddw/ Podew Serwyl who ruled Wales.
Later, Rhodri Ap Merfyn king of Wales; where lines descend with stunning tales…
ArmourQuill Hunter's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Boring Yet Illustrious Ancestors by ArmourQuill Hunter )
- If Not Homespun, Scott J. Shepard
- Gifts, Scott J. Shepard
- Courage, Scott J. Shepard
- For Those Who Starve, Scott J. Shepard
- Gorgeous Girls, Scott J. Shepard
- Your Wet Eyelashes, Eyelids, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Minor Keys, Scott J. Shepard
- My Forgotten Love, Gianni Pansensoy
- Social Reconstruction, Scott J. Shepard
- Rain, Chad Seagraves
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)