Reply to Certain Birthday Wishes
Words spoken without passions breath
Mocks the receiver as in a jest;
Exchanging mere formality
As substance for sincerity.
Do not mourn for me when I am dead
Neglect me in Death as you did in Life
Forget me when my soul has fled
I abjure you of my daily strife.
David McLansky's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Birthday Wishes by David McLansky )
- Unilateral, Edward Kofi Louis
- Never Feeling Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- To The Gates Of Hell, Edward Kofi Louis
- The house where the wife lives like an i.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Ek Lafz Ek Rishta, Bano Ali
- THE PATRIOT, Justice Uchenna Mmahi
- fortress of solutude, ademola oluwabusayo
- Never Feeling The Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Change Is Needed, Edward Kofi Louis
- How Can She Learn?, Edward Kofi Louis