Reply to Certain Birthday Wishes
Words spoken without passions breath
Mocks the receiver as in a jest;
Exchanging mere formality
As substance for sincerity.
Do not mourn for me when I am dead
Neglect me in Death as you did in Life
Forget me when my soul has fled
I abjure you of my daily strife.
Poet Other Poems
- En Route: La Charite Sur Loire (For Chr... -new-
- In Praise of Older Women
- Irish Protest
- Le Retour -new-
- Old Eskimo Afloat -new-
- Riff on Laurel's Autumn Anniversary
- Riff on Princess Julie
- Said The Gypsy To The Shepherd Maid (Pa...
- Soul Mates
- Stalking The Wild Giraffe
- The Power Elite
- To your words I add wtih zest
- (15) The White Ship
- (19) The White Ship
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.