Bessie's Song To Her Doll
Matilda Jane, you never look
At any toy or picture-book.
I show you pretty things in vain
You must be blind, Matilda Jane!
I ask you riddles, tell you tales,
But all our conversation fails.
You never answer me again
I fear you're dumb, Matilda Jane!
Matilda darling, when I call,
You never seem to hear at all.
I shout with all my might and main
But you're so deaf, Matilda Jane!
Matilda Jane, you needn't mind,
For, though you're deaf and dumb and blind,
There's some one loves you, it is plain
And that is me, Matilda Jane!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Bessie's Song To Her Doll by Lewis Carroll )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(June 27, 1936 - February 13, 2010)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- The Three Kings, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Christmas Carol, Sara Teasdale
- Talking Turkeys!, Benjamin Zephaniah
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Boy Who Laughed At Santa Claus, Ogden Nash
Poem of the Day
- A Thought A Head, Ima Ryma
- **कधी कधी **, Lyrics Swapnild Chatge
- ** सागं ना 2 **, Lyrics Swapnild Chatge
- ** अबोल भावना मनातल्या **, Lyrics Swapnild Chatge
- I am Not Alone, Sandra Feldman
- When the flower withers, Leong Ming Loong
- चादंण रात, Lyrics Swapnild Chatge
- The Scheme, Tony Adah
- The Worry, Leong Ming Loong
- जो अब तन्हा ही निकला तो, ज़माना साथ चलता है, Abhishek Omprakash Mishra