We always had to do our work at night.
I wondered why we had to be so sly.
I wondered why we couldn't have our fight
Under the open sky.
I wondered why I always felt so cold.
I wondered why the orders seemed so slow,
So slow to come, so whisperingly told,
So whisperingly low.
I wondered if my packing-straps were tight,
And wondered why I wondered……Sound
and order came…… I ran into the night,
wondering why I smiled.
Leon Gellert's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Before Action by Leon Gellert )
- THEY GOT TIRED لقد تعبوا, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The first time, Cigeng Zhang
- THEY GOT TIRED, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- MY WAYطريقي, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Genes, jeans!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Ticking Over, Yvonne Rautenbach
- In A Confused World, Edward Kofi Louis
- MY WAY, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- You need someone, hasmukh amathalal
- Organized team, hasmukh amathalal