Because Of You
It was once for you
In the summer sun, the sense of gentle breeze
Stirred my heart.
The words of mine were shedding jasmine,
Only found the hard ground to fall upon,
Beneath your feet, ignored….
Wish you ever knew!
With the closed eyes though
I carried a fragrant soul, only because of you.
It was only because of you then
A storm arouse to leave an inebriated mind
I floated like a broken leaf in that wind
Whispered in your ears my pain, my joy…
Didn't know though, if I was ever heard!
Amazed at your beauty of bloomed Poinciana
Colored heart of mine ever cared for you;
Even I feared sometimes of losing you
When your open arms seemed to have touched the sky.
It was only because of you
I ever had wings to fly...
My dreams could touch the rainbow...
Waiting to bloom, I knew the bud's cry.
With the tide of time, I find you far away.
Dreams are like autumn leaves, broken….
Found ground to lie.
Craving for love the deserted heart only knew
To shower tears upon stones.
It's because of you.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Because Of You by Kingshuk Chakraborty )
- Remove Yourself From Bitterness, Ronell Warren Alman
- Fornicating In The Bowels Of Unswerving .., Captain Cur
- im not okay, Faith Taylors
- The world is like a worm, Mark Heathcote
- Our shared tear, Julie Shirley
- Conscious Peal, Adeosun Olamide
- Living Contradictions, Sandra Feldman
- Alley Church, Adeosun Olamide
- Desirable Effects, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Vintage Postal Stamp, Doris Beaulieu
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- V: Song: To Celia, Ben Jonson
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Acquainted with the Night, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
- Heather Burns