Because Of You
It was once for you
In the summer sun, the sense of gentle breeze
Stirred my heart.
The words of mine were shedding jasmine,
Only found the hard ground to fall upon,
Beneath your feet, ignored….
Wish you ever knew!
With the closed eyes though
I carried a fragrant soul, only because of you.
It was only because of you then
A storm arouse to leave an inebriated mind
I floated like a broken leaf in that wind
Whispered in your ears my pain, my joy…
Didn't know though, if I was ever heard!
Amazed at your beauty of bloomed Poinciana
Colored heart of mine ever cared for you;
Even I feared sometimes of losing you
When your open arms seemed to have touched the sky.
It was only because of you
I ever had wings to fly...
My dreams could touch the rainbow...
Waiting to bloom, I knew the bud's cry.
With the tide of time, I find you far away.
Dreams are like autumn leaves, broken….
Found ground to lie.
Craving for love the deserted heart only knew
To shower tears upon stones.
It's because of you.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Because Of You by Kingshuk Chakraborty )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Oh Mediterranean sea, fgbkehdguwheqi rewfgwej
- Ramblings of Devils Workshop, Nalini Chaturvedi
- BEFORE YOU CAST THE STONE, kevinsky nyaga
- Remembering you Bother, NEDRA WILSON
- Noemia de Sousa (The Poem of Joao), African Poems
- Hard Times for Horses, Janet Armstrong
- Pappou Elias' Poem, Elia Michael
- Dispirited Humanity, Aftab Alam
- A nonentity's. Life, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Girl, We Both Suffer, Ronell Warren Alman