Because Of You
It was once for you
In the summer sun, the sense of gentle breeze
Stirred my heart.
The words of mine were shedding jasmine,
Only found the hard ground to fall upon,
Beneath your feet, ignored….
Wish you ever knew!
With the closed eyes though
I carried a fragrant soul, only because of you.
It was only because of you then
A storm arouse to leave an inebriated mind
I floated like a broken leaf in that wind
Whispered in your ears my pain, my joy…
Didn't know though, if I was ever heard!
Amazed at your beauty of bloomed Poinciana
Colored heart of mine ever cared for you;
Even I feared sometimes of losing you
When your open arms seemed to have touched the sky.
It was only because of you
I ever had wings to fly...
My dreams could touch the rainbow...
Waiting to bloom, I knew the bud's cry.
With the tide of time, I find you far away.
Dreams are like autumn leaves, broken….
Found ground to lie.
Craving for love the deserted heart only knew
To shower tears upon stones.
It's because of you.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Because Of You by Kingshuk Chakraborty )
- The paradox of becoming a Man, Nancy Handabile
- Quran, The Ways of Ascent, Mohja Kahf
- 'My Persuasion' Over 'Her Coyness'., Prabhat Priyadarshi
- rain, Erin Daly
- I Hope, Michael McParland
- Holding Fatima in the Light, Mohja Kahf
- Manifesto for the Chaste Wanton, Mohja Kahf
- Doves, Mohja Kahf
- Return of the Friend, Mohja Kahf
- On The Run In The Dream, Albert Martin
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Touched by an Angel, Maya Angelou
- Mid-Term Break, Seamus Heaney
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(17 July 1674 – 25 November 1748)
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
(5 November 1850 - 30 October 1919)
John Greenleaf Whittier
(17 December 1807 – 7 September 1892)
- Christina Georgina Rossetti
James Whitcomb Riley
(7 October 1849 - 22 July 1916)
Edgar Lee Masters
(23 August 1868 – 5 March 1950)
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Victor Marie Hugo
(26 February 1802 – 22 May 1885)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)