Because Of You
It was once for you
In the summer sun, the sense of gentle breeze
Stirred my heart.
The words of mine were shedding jasmine,
Only found the hard ground to fall upon,
Beneath your feet, ignored….
Wish you ever knew!
With the closed eyes though
I carried a fragrant soul, only because of you.
It was only because of you then
A storm arouse to leave an inebriated mind
I floated like a broken leaf in that wind
Whispered in your ears my pain, my joy…
Didn't know though, if I was ever heard!
Amazed at your beauty of bloomed Poinciana
Colored heart of mine ever cared for you;
Even I feared sometimes of losing you
When your open arms seemed to have touched the sky.
It was only because of you
I ever had wings to fly...
My dreams could touch the rainbow...
Waiting to bloom, I knew the bud's cry.
With the tide of time, I find you far away.
Dreams are like autumn leaves, broken….
Found ground to lie.
Craving for love the deserted heart only knew
To shower tears upon stones.
It's because of you.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Because Of You by Kingshuk Chakraborty )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Jabberwocky, Lewis Carroll
- Dover Beach, Matthew Arnold
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Best Friend (In Hindi), Tavneet Singh
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- In new world, hasmukh amathalal
- My Mother's Advice, Sari Mavi
- The You in my dream, RAJ VIKRAM
- Old Age, Leong Ming Loong
- Waiting for the Starlight Express, Stephen Brian Brady
- The Fifth Day of Christmas, Mark Hamilton
- No man's land., RAJ VIKRAM
- Kissing, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Romantic Heroine, Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Theatre of The Absurd (III), Bijay Kant Dubey