Jay P Narain
When I look at a beautiful woman,
my mind dreams of a passionate love,
but when the lust for passion subsides,
I am still looking for the beauty in love.
Beauty is in the eye of beholder,
some sees it in the beauty of a woman,
some find it in the glory of nature,
some discover it in the unselfish love,
some detect it in the revealings of a passionate heart.
The color of skin is only skin deep,
the sight of a beauty is only eye deep,
the inner beauty is real and lies in an intimate heart,
the real beauty itself is the reflection of a virtuous soul.
The external beauty lasts only for a few years,
It gets tarnished by the ravages of time and age,
The inner beauty lasts for ever,
It leaves its marks on the hearts it touches.
Jay P Narain's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Beauty by Jay P Narain )
- The Elephant, Somanathan Iyer
- Sea of Life, Suzy Kassem
- A TEACHER-A STUDENT RELATIONSHIP ANYTIME, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Part Sun and Moon, Suzy Kassem
- A Teacher-A Student Relationship, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Like Mother, Like Lover, Suzy Kassem
- History, Suzy Kassem
- Weightless, tolu ogundare
- To All Mankind, Suzy Kassem
- First Phase Of Life, SALINI NAIR