I am devastated by your beauty daily—
I wonder what God had in mind to torment men on this earth to look upon such beauty as yours on this earth.
Much like the forbidden flower of Eden so beautiful but so far from my reach.
I see the ghost of sympathy in men’s eyes when they look upon your beauty.
To not touch such beauty it like a garden among the summer sun with no rain to nourish it only to wither in the heat of the sun.
I understand you belong to another and are not meant for me.
I say things are for the best, but my heart belies my words.
Devastated by your beauty.
I try to find beauty in other things, other faces, but still wonder the earth looking for such beauty.
I see now I shall wonder for a eternity looking for such beauty as yours.
Timothy Honeycutt's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (beauty by Timothy Honeycutt )
- Nightmares With No End, Lilly Emery
- The source of our pains and our sufferin.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The source of our pains and our pains an.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Comfort Of Our Dreams, David Harris
- Intellectual Designs, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Cold Night In Silence, Lilly Emery
- Knit in Infinity, Lisa Bertsch
- In Silence, Lilly Emery
- the missing truth, asma writer
- Earth tones of Arizona, David Lessard