Beauty is a stupid thing, anywhere you go,
The more I see pretty faces, the more my sadness grows.
Beauty is a bother; it brings me grief and pain,
Hanging over me like a cloud of pure petty disdain!
Beauty is a label, a superficial brand
Guys like me for my looks instead of who I really am.
Beauty is hypnotic; it captures young boys' minds,
And tells them to be cruel to girls who are sweet and kind.
Beauty is a veil, shielding people's eyes
And in the hearts of men, beauty is just a prize.
But beauty is deceiving, only as deep as skin,
And if you keep believing, you'll never see beauty within.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Beauty by Kelly Curiel )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Fallout from the War on Women, Donal Mahoney
- ETERNALITY, Satish Verma
- Rape, gajanan mishra
- In the End, Gandhi and King Were Murdered, Lawrence Beck
- Love's labor lost, PRIYANKA BHANDARKAR
- mens sana in corpore sano -a healthy mi.., Sadiqullah Khan
- Do not leave us, Sadiqullah Khan
- Regal Grace, Sadiqullah Khan
- Another Lesson Learned, Danielle Mari Nidea
- A Birthday Wish, Adonis Enricuso