Beauty is a stupid thing, anywhere you go,
The more I see pretty faces, the more my sadness grows.
Beauty is a bother; it brings me grief and pain,
Hanging over me like a cloud of pure petty disdain!
Beauty is a label, a superficial brand
Guys like me for my looks instead of who I really am.
Beauty is hypnotic; it captures young boys' minds,
And tells them to be cruel to girls who are sweet and kind.
Beauty is a veil, shielding people's eyes
And in the hearts of men, beauty is just a prize.
But beauty is deceiving, only as deep as skin,
And if you keep believing, you'll never see beauty within.
Kelly Curiel's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Beauty by Kelly Curiel )
- Cycling in Flanders 2, Stratis Havarti
- A study in what not to do, Christopher Withers
- Critical Thinking, Nassy Fesharaki
- LIKE AN ASTEROID, Satish Verma
- Stay as unit, hasmukh amathalal
- I shall change, hasmukh amathalal
- Egg, Olufayo Ezekiel
- The grass, gajanan mishra
- But we are one, gajanan mishra
- You are my sweet lovely heart, Mazid S Kazi , INDIA