Away, thou shalt not love me
Away, thou shalt not love me.
So shall my love seem greater
And I shall love the better.
Shall it be so? what say you?
Why speak you not I pray you?
Nay then I know you love me
That so you may disprove me.
John Wilbye's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Away, thou shalt not love me by John Wilbye )
- who can love and who is loved?, RIC S. BASTASA
- to know what is real from the unreal, RIC S. BASTASA
- HUMANIZE WITH ME, RIC S. BASTASA
- THE BOTHER, RIC S. BASTASA
- In Fantasia, Harry Freeman
- The Price of Gold, Achill Ladd
- Words i am, george albot
- Yankee go Home, Charles Hice
- Sun Sets, Lore Me34
- Dreams, Kshitiz Gupta
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(22 March 1941 -)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns