As You Stare Into The Vacuum Of His Eyes
having a chat
'Shhhh....here's a human! '
the human stares
the stones remain
the human reaches for
one of them...then:
skims it across the lake
'Whoa....wheee...hee hee! '
screams the stone
but no one hears
the human has been &
the stones stunned into silence
'I wish he'd chosen me! '
the fat stone says
'I always wanted to travel! '
bottom of the lake
a stone chats to fishes
misses the stones he knew
Dónall Dempsey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (As You Stare Into The Vacuum Of His Eyes by Dónall Dempsey )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Yes, Mother Nature Teaches Bards..., Dr John Celes
- Tonic Pain, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- In the Absence of Light, F. J. Thomas
- Give me a drink, Diana Rosser
- White Power, F. J. Thomas
- Sweet Dreams, Sambanath Denis
- My unjust God, Nalini Chaturvedi
- continue counting me, Mandolyn ...
- the tail of poet, ademola oluwabusayo
- the way of the world, ademola oluwabusayo