As Good As
If I give the gun to the murderer,
I am as good as him.
If I throw lots of paper away,
I am as good as the tree cutter.
If I take stolen food,
I am as good as the thief.
If I record a fight,
I am as good as the fighters.
So why should I buy whale meat?
So why should I take from someone
a beautiful narwhal marble?
If I do that,
I am as good as all the ones above.
Karen GonzalezVidela's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (As Good As by Karen GonzalezVidela )
- MY WAYطريقي, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Genes, jeans!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Ticking Over, Yvonne Rautenbach
- In A Confused World, Edward Kofi Louis
- MY WAY, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- You need someone, hasmukh amathalal
- Organized team, hasmukh amathalal
- I Am Weird and I Am Happy, Rohit Sapra
- Beloved Alice (Square Sonnet I), Rohan Nath
- Meeting Room 13, Edward Kofi Louis