Of rats and cats and mice and men
I've had my fill of lots of them.
And now I blow away the roof
Of pigs, they call me Big Bad Wolf.
But I am neither wolf nor man
I am what none could understand
The tall and handsome held for ransom
If life's a bitch then I'm the Grandson.
They call me daddy, call me babe
Buying time to misbehave
Current ones become the ex
Infidelity through text.
Thought the sex could keep me mild
But I've mastered doggy style
Then it made me quite the beast
All the rest became my feast.
She's just glad to be alive
Being eaten and survived
Granted every ninfo wish
Must admit was quite a dish.
Now a days, I sit alone
Burying my platinum bone
While their greed was of a hog
They've the nerve to call me dog.
But I'm neither dog nor man
I'm what they don't understand
I'm the predator of victim
In this cruel animal kingdom.
Charles Monroe's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ('Animal Planet' by Charles Monroe )
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Play The Game, Jessie Pope
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Short and Sweet, Brittany Veloso
- PH: Echo: True Love, Brian Johnston
- Snow Blind..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Nostalgia, Rimni chakravarty
- The Spirit-World, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Blinded by stress, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Of Fauns Of Satyrs, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The next activity, Emmanuel George Cefai
- As aged I, Emmanuel George Cefai
- true friend, Rani Jain